White House Foods® Apple Butter Cheesecake Bars
This recipe is perfect for Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween Party, Sunday Dessert, Office Party?... All of the above.
If you are an apple butter fan, you're going to need this recipe. As always, it's simple... (a must for me) and it's also delicious (also a must)!
The recipe is below, but be sure to refrigerate overnight before serving. This is crucial for texture and flavor. Also, I highly recommend White House Foods® Apple Butter. It is made in Winchester, Virginia with American grown apples. You can find it at your local Wal-Mart, Food Lion, or online here!
What you'll need:
For the crust:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the cheesecake layer:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups White House Foods® Apple Butter
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- First the crust: Cut butter into small pieces. Beat together the butter and flour until it is thoroughly combined into crumbly pieces. Place the crust mixture into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Pat the crust evenly into the dish with your hands. Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove and cool. I placed mine into the fridge to speed up this process.
- Next the cheesecake mixture: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth then add in the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium until evenly combined. Set this mixture to the side.
- Then the topping: Cut butter into small pieces. In a bowl, use a fork to mix the flour, confectioners' sugar, butter pieces, pecans, and salt. This mixture will not be smooth. You should have a crumbly/coarse texture. Set to the side.
- Make the magic happen: Take the cooled crusted and spread the cream cheese mixture on top evenly. Leave an edge around the outside perimeter to from "crust." Next, spread a thin layer for White House Foods® Apple Butter over the cream cheese layer. Last, sprinkle the crumb topping over the top evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and cool. Cover and store in refrigerator overnight before cutting into square bars.
Let me know if you try them! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Check out my easy print and decorate Fall Decor idea here: DIY Fall Decor – Free Printable
This blog post was contributed by Cold Coffee Grind, click here for more recipes, crafts, and all things fun!